- 3 cups shredded zucchini (about 3 medium)
- 1 2/3 cups sugar (for moisture, you can put the sugar to 1 C sugar and 2/3 c brown sugar)
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 large eggs (you can use the equiv. of egg substitute to reduce your fat if you want)
- 3 cups AP flour
- 2 tsp bkg soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp bkg. powder
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional - it adds fat)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray bottoms of 2 loaf pans with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix by hand first 5 ingredients in one bowl.
- In another bowl, sift together, flour through bkg. powder (next 6 ingredients).
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients till combined.
- Pour batter into pans and bake 50-60 minutes, test and bake at 5-10 minute increments until a toothpick comes out clean. Don't overcook cause it will dry out.
- Cool out of the pan on wire racks.
NOTES: to freeze, wrap in plastic wrap and place in a one gallon freezer bag. To use a few pieces, take a serrated knife, cut off what you want, and let that thaw on a plate until ready to eat. Enjoy!