- 1 large onion – chopped
- 2 carrots – grated
- 2 stalks of celery – chopped
- 1 clove of garlic – minced
- 2-3 cups fat free/low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups frozen corn – thawed
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast – chopped (You can pick up a roasted chicken from the store and save time)
- 1 – 4 oz can diced green chilies ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ Tblsp cornstarch
- 1 ½ cup fat free half and half
- Spray saucepan with non-stick cooking spray. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic – sauté over med-high heat.
- Add some chicken broth (a little at a time to prevent burning) to the pan. Cook veggies until tender – about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add remaining broth, corn, green chilies, chicken and pepper to the pan. Bring to a full boil and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold half and half. Stir that into the soup. Bring to another boil and serve.
NOTES: Great with a whole wheat crusty bread or a salad. Nice for winter!